- National Oceanography Centre, Southampton (NOC)
- University of Southampton Waterfront Campus European Way
- SO14 3ZH
- United Kingdom
- Centre Website
The National Oceanography Centre, part of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) is one of the few world-class centres of excellence in ocean sciences, earth sciences and ocean technology. This unique combination of interdisciplinary research and teaching resources comprises the University of Southampton's School of Ocean and Earth Science together with 4 specialist NERC research divisions. The scientific mission of the National Oceanography Centre is:
- To deliver scientific excellence and understanding of the earth and its oceans as a dynamic interdisciplinary system.
- To provide the highest quality teaching and training in ocean and earth science within an active research environment.
- To provide large scale national facilities for ocean and earth science.
This mission is achieved through integration between staff and facilities of the Natural Environment Research Council and the University of Southampton. Success in this mission will deliver our goal, to establish NOC as a major national and international centre of excellence for research, teaching and training in marine and earth science and in marine technology.
Research work is conducted through a variety of organisations. Data are retained in a variety of forms and individual members of staff of the Department should be contacted for particular data. Details of the Department are available from the Departmental Secretary. Degrees of B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. are awarded in Oceanography.
results in other services
- EDMO record id
- Collating centre
- British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC)
- Latest update
- 22 August 2011 4:11:21 PM