- ISPRA-Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA)
- Native name
- ISPRA-Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale
- Via Vitaliano Brancati 48
- Centre Website
- The Institute for Environmental Protection and Research, ISPRA (Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale), has been established by Decree no. 112 of 25 June 2008, converted into Law no. 133 (with amendments) on 21 August 2008.
ISPRA performs, with the inherent financial resources, equipment and personnel, the duties of:
- ex-APAT, Italian Environment Protection and Technical Services Agency (article 38 of Legislative Decree no. 300, July 30, 1999, and subsequently amended);
- ex-INFS, National Institute for Wildlife (Law no. 157 of February 11, 1992, and subsequently amended);
- ex-ICRAM, Central Institute for Scientific and Technological Research applied to the Sea (Decree no. 496, article 1-bis, December 4, 1993, converted into Law no. 61, Article 1, January 21, 1994, with amendments).
The Institute acts under the vigilance and policy guidance of the Italian Ministry for the Environment and the Protection of Land and Sea (Ministero dell'Ambiente e della Tutela del Territorio e del Mare).
results in other services
- EDMO record id
- Collating centre
- OGS (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale), Division of Oceanography
- Latest update
- 4 October 2012 4:02:11 PM