- National Laboratory of Energy and Geology (LNEG)
- Native name
- Laboratorio Nacional de Energia e Geologia
- Estrada da Portela Bairro do Zambujal Apartado 7586- Alfragide
- +351 210 924 600
- +351 214 719 018
- In the field of geology and geologic cartography, the main objective is to guarantee the systematic coverage of the entire extent of the national territory in order to identify, define and characterise areas subject to geologic risks.
In terms of hydro-geology and hydro-geological cartography, an ongoing evaluation of hydrological resources is being carried out. This knowledge is critical to the rational usage of subterranean waters in the supply of residential, industrial and agricultural consumers while simultaneously enabling its effective defence against environmental damage.
Within the scope of marine and coastal geology, further study will deepen geologic and palaeo-oceanographic knowledge of the ocean and the coastline in addition to processes related to the incidence, exploitation and preservation of geological resources on and under the sea bed across the territorial waters and the continental platform.
In terms of economic geology, fundamentally, work is to continue on identifying, characterising and improving the potential of the national geographic extent.
Further investment in this field is to focus on geo-scientific information systems with a view to the establishment of a National System of Geo-Scientific Information.
results in other services
- EDMO record id
- Collating centre
- IHPT, Hydrographic Institute (IHPT)
- Latest update
- 11 November 2013 3:23:15 PM